This year is off with a bang with fashion events! We’ve already seen beautiful statements at the Golden Globes, and the women all looked beautiful in their black gowns. Not only were the black outfits a powerful movement but it also allowed the women to show their personalities. The stars showed their sexy side with plunging necklines and statement necklaces, and their flirty sides with statement earrings. We can’t wait to see what else the Hollywood stars will have for us. We also can’t wait to see what’s on the runway. Here are some events we can look forward to to get our fashion fix this year:
60th Annual Grammy Awards
- When: This past Sunday, January 28th, 2018.
- What we saw: It’s fun to see the stars let loose at the Grammy’s. They are always edgier and sexier at the Grammy’s. Do you remember J-Lo’s first Grammy appearance in 2000? That green Versace dress! Did you know that dress was the most popular search query that it led the way to the beginning of Google images? Not sure if anyone will get that type of attention from this year. We definitely saw lots of funky and edgy designs. Lady Gaga had some amazing black jewelry on, Cardi B had some awesome ear crawler earrings on and Eve wore a beautiful diamond choker.
90th Academy Awards
- When: Sunday, March 4, 2018.
- What we’ll see: This is the main event for the stars in Hollywood. We’ll see classic elegance at the Oscar’s. We’ll see the most beautiful fabrics, patterns and sparkles. I love to see the stars draped in gorgeous jewels. They always have the most exquisite pieces for this event. We can’t wait to see the amazing pieces that will inspire affordable fashion jewelry.
New York Fashion Week
- When: February 8th through the 16th will showcase Fall and Winter 2018 fashion. September 6th through the 14th will showcase Spring and Summer 2019 Fashion.
- New York Fashion Week is the “it’ scene. Celebrities flood the streets of New York to be seen. New York is a great spot for new designers to showcase their lines so we’ll see a lot of experimentation. It’s exciting to see new faces. We’re excited to see who will take off this year!
Paris Fashion Week
- When: February 27th through March 6th will showcase Fall and Winter 2018 fashion. September 25th through October 3rd will showcase Spring and Summer 2019 fashion.
- What we’ll see: The Parish fashion week shows dictate the entire fashion industry. The fashion world revolves around these shows and most fashion is influenced by Paris. The biggest designers in the world are featured and the finest garments will be seen. There’s so much anticipation and we love learning about the next big trends!
The Met Gala
- When: Monday, April 30, 2018.
- What we’ll see: The Met Gala is a fundraising event for the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. It benefits the Met’s Costume Institute and they designate a theme to mark the grand opening of the institute’s annual fashion exhibit. This year’s theme will be “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination”. Sounds very interesting! We’ll see a lot of ancient history art inspired costumes. Think gold, silk robes, beading, mosaics and paintings incorporated into the celebrities costumes. We really can’t wait to see what people come up with for this one!
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- When: Saturday, May 19, 2018.
- What we’ll see: This isn’t a yearly event but it’s a major event to look forward to. The British are known for their beautiful hats and fascinators but they really up their game at royal weddings. Even American celebrities in attendance will be decked out. It’s a royal tradition that has stood the test of time. We’re really excited to see who will be at the wedding and what they’ll wear!
We’re looking forward to a beautiful year of fashion. Get your runway and Hollywood inspired pieces at Boxx Jewelry.